Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Quinoa flakes cookies (vegan, gluten free)

--> recette en français




    Long time I didn't published a new recipe here, I'm very sorry about that, I've been publishing on the French version but I've been doing long hours at my current job and I'm exhausted - or very busy with groceries, cleaning, cooking meals and taking care of Jesse, my dog - on my days off.


   I'll try to get back on track and publish the seasonal recipes I've published in French for the past weeks.


   About the recipe, I made these cookies last May, I love cookies as you can see on the blog and when I bought these quinoa flakes, I knew I wanted to bake them in a dessert and first went for cookies in order to make another recipe with them later on.



   I have now quite a "collection" of cereal flakes (oat, rice, buckwheat, millet, spelt, etc.) to make porridges or granolas or even crumbles but I had forgotten about these ones I had bought a few weeks before. Finally, quinoa flakes cookies were a success, both the taste and texture are interesting and change from any cookies I have eaten in the past.


   You'll see that this recipe requires just a few ingredients and is ready in no time. I first tried a gluten free version with whole rice flour and then another version with half all-purpose flour and half spelt flour and added more quinoa flakes. Both recipes work fine and are good but different, I wouldn't be able to tell you which one is my favorite, I'll let you try too 😉 And why not, add some chocolate chips for more fun!


   And stay tuned, I used these delicious cookies in a dessert as I told you, it'll be online within the week - I promise!





Quinoa flakes cookies (vegan gluten free)


Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 to 20 minutes
Serving : 8 to 9 small cookies


- 70 g / 2,45 oz quinoa flakes
- 40 g / 1,40 oz whole rice flour (or all-purpose or spelt flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder (or baking soda)
- 20 à 30 g / 0,70 to 1,06 oz whole cane sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 g / 1,06 oz coconut oil, melted
- 50 ml / 1/5 cup / 1,70 fl. oz plant-based milk


  • Preheat the oven at 180°c / 356 °F.

  • In a mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients : flakes, flour(s), baking power or soda, sugar and salt.

  • Add the melted coconut oil and milk and mix with a fork a few seconds until the dough is homogeneous.

  • Scoop some cookies dough with a table or teaspoon, roll the dough between the palm of your hands and put it onto a baking tray covered with some baking paper. Slightly flatten the raw cookies with a fork and add a few quinoa flakes on top (optional)

  • Repeat until the end of the dough. bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

  • The cookies will be soft on top when you take them out of the oven but they'll harden then. Let them cool down on a rack before enjoying them!


--> If you realize one of my recipes, do not hesitate to send me a photo that I can share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with  #cookalife and @cookalife_bymaeva! You can also share your opinion on tried recipes you have pinned in Pinterest.







Want to try this recipe? Pin it for later! :-)




Yum


--> recette en français

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment whether you tried the recipe or not :)